Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VAPEFEST AS IT HAPPENS 2015 LIVE (ALMOST)
Charlie Monkey Offline

Likes Given: 867
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: VAPEFEST AS IT HAPPENS 2015 LIVE (ALMOST)
(10/08/15 08:39 AM)Escapedfromdeath Wrote:  
(09/08/15 04:13 PM)prof beard Wrote:  The Pit members had set themselves up in a nice cool comfortable place to sit and vape and drink yesterday - I spent quite a while doing both of those things with them:

Good to meet you Prof, albeit a brief encounter Smiling

Arselicker
10/08/15 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like Charlie Monkey's post:
daytona (10/08/15), nisam (10/08/15), prof beard (10/08/15)
daytona Offline

Likes Given: 508
Tbh even if vapefest was all about juice (which it wasn't) I used the time wisely to chat to some of the more interesting ones to see where they're at with regards to regulation next year. I had some very interesting conversations and got an informative insight from the more responsible ones as to what's actually going on. So much so I'm making a big effort to support those (by buying from them) so they can afford to comply.
Vapefest is and will always be about vapers. I had a great time and it was a fantastic opportunity to spend time with people I've got to know through forums,meet some modders etc. Long may it continue and thankyou very much to the organisers that selflessly give up heaps of time year on year to provide this fantastic FREE event.

Gennie head.

10/08/15 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 13 users Like daytona's post:
Abstract Vape (12/08/15), asambique (10/08/15), Charlie Monkey (10/08/15), Cheekiecharlie (10/08/15), Escapedfromdeath (11/08/15), igetcha (11/08/15), Jaded (11/08/15), nisam (10/08/15), Phoenixflame (13/08/15), prof beard (10/08/15), The Gremlin (11/08/15), Torchythebatteryboy (10/08/15), Wyrm1973 (11/08/15)
obijon Offline

Likes Given: 47
Sex: Male
Enjoying vaping my new juices and love my new green hand turned drip tip. I nearly didn't buy it as it cost a tenner but I am glad I did.
Was going to buy a Kayfun but I felt I had spent enough by the time I had bought the juices I wanted.
Will have to wait tell Christmas for the KFL, oh clucking bell.
10/08/15 07:50 PM
3fiddyz Offline

Likes Given: 446
Had a fantastic day talking to loads of peeps that I have met through vamping, met and chatted with Osrix which was a bonus! Picked up the sunboxes and snapdragon (e8 nano and snap is amazing!) was less juiced out at VF than I have been at the other 2 events. Took a box / dripper with me so I could really "try" the juice... lost Fox "streak", Dunfords and Colonel Blooms were standouts as well as the juice that RSM produced.

Felt that VF, even though there are loads of vendors, felt less commercial than Jam or Expo. Was more about people!

10/08/15 11:02 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like 3fiddyz's post:
Jaded (11/08/15), nosmo (11/08/15), Phoenixflame (13/08/15), Wyrm1973 (11/08/15)
jimmyfish Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 66
I had a great time at vapefest.

Felt there was lots of both juice and hardware available to meet all areas of vaping.

Saw one thing that really made myself and my friends laugh.

At one tent of which I cant remember the vendor.

If you spent £10 they would give you a free raffle ticket to win the chance to buy a mod at £450 or so.

Lol what a prize

Edit... It was stunning
11/08/15 08:48 AM
Blackhack Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 18
Fun weekend for me...great company (for the most part Smiling )Lots of juice (purchased) some free juice (still to try), a Triton, a couple of Royal hunter drippers, a whole selection of concentrates, and lots and lots of beer.....What's not to like.??

I've got an inferiority complex
but it's not a very good one....
11/08/15 09:31 AM
yahoo2u2 Offline
Vaping is NOT a crime, banning it is

Likes Given: 483

I think most of us will need to know more Smiling about this "for the most part"!

Smile, it wont hurt you, go on try it......or not, freedom of choice I suppose.
14/08/15 09:03 PM
Markse Offline
just an anecdote

Likes Given: 1,615
I had a lovely weekend at vapefest- it was so different from vapejam- far less commercial feeling and much more chilled. I think camping on the friday and saturday nights helped give it that laid back feeling

Highlights for me were meeting if all too briefly Adrian Fitzpatrick (and of course Brian)

a really good talk almost drowned out by the AC/DC cover band soundcheck by Dick Puddlecote and Simon Clark (Forest)- there had been some friction between Simon and twitter vaping advocates but I think he really took something away from VF and relations are better now Smiling

I missed the AC/DC show but it sounded spot on from my collapsed state lying in my tent (we were all a bit hung over from the friday night lol Wink )Regret not going down to see it though

Meeting and chatting to the MCR guys, Darren from Hellfire, the guys from Sunbox and briefly Eden mods (my brother bought the snapdragon- looks really ace), and ending up sat next to Mr RSM at the pub (that fact was quite hard to extract from him- he was being very modest!) and hearing the rather depressing facts of the forthcoming ridiculous manufacturer regulations and how they will affect his business. Oh and I got to hold a prototype Port hybrid genny- beautiful little gem of a thing! And met some of the UKSquonkers FB guys and got to play with some lovely squonking gear- those sunboxes are lovely things

I didn't buy that much really- still wondering where all the money went..- some juice from Ade of course (the new absolute range which I'm looking forward to- beetle is lovely) but I did get lucky on the raffle- a beautiful Satburn mod, a selection of juices and a nice new charger! I had just bought a 16mm dripper from Hellfire to go with another Satburn I picked up at VF from Unclegrommit (thanks Paul Smiling) so this was a bizarre (but lovely) coincidence! Smiling My mate from work who's not been vaping long lucked out as well- he won a beautiful GP paps V3 and is loving it- bit different from the istick he's been using up till now!

Luck comes in threes doesn't it? Funny you mentioned that raffle Jimmyfish- me and my brother gave a lift up from London to a Swedish chap (really nice to meet you Daniel -hope you don't mind the pic) who'd come all that way with the main intention of perhaps getting lucky on one of the Hurikan (sp?) mods on offer through that raffle- and he did! I don't think there was a happier man at VF that weekend Smiling! And it really was a beauty

My only regrets would be not meeting as many people as I'd hoped- missed most of the London vapemeet folks I've gotten to know, but I did bump into Marc (remnant) at the pub and spent some time with Paul (unclegrommit) and Andre (Trollky) which is always a pleasure Smiling And not talking to enough people I could have and I should have spent more time at the VIP tent- sorry Liam

Great weekend and I'm really glad I made the effort Smiling

As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to vape when asleep and never to refrain when awake.
(This post was last modified: 15/08/15 05:57 PM by Markse.)
15/08/15 05:52 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Markse's post:
asambique (15/08/15), Phoenixflame (16/08/15), Tweezer Fetish (15/08/15)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)