Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vandy Vape Berserker RTA
pperry Offline

Likes Given: 47
Sex: Male
RE: Vandy Vape Berserker RTA
i got the one with the extension kit.

tbh, either work just as well, you wont find too much difference running a moderate wattage build. mine is usually running around 15w and the larger glass tank does me an entire day at work, I just fill up the next morning.

26/09/17 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ray_of_Light Offline

Likes Given: 28

I think I'll give a go, and order one tomorrow. I'll post here in the coming days with the Berserker in my hands.
...thanks...

Edit 3 Oct.
Received the tanks.
Absolutely first class design and quality of material -Steel and aluminum, no poor-man zinc alloy anywhere. Also, volume relationship between air chamber and atomiser chamber are correct for a good MTL tank.
It only fits the Sigelei 213 and the Yihi G class, shows a prominent overhang on all other mods I have.
I'll test it later in the week and post the results.
(This post was last modified: 03/10/17 10:00 PM by Ray_of_Light.)
27/09/17 09:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Filbert Offline

Likes Given: 245
So I got one this morning and had a play with it, first impressions..

The Bad- The airflow ring on mine isn't fully airtight, I can still inhale through it with it fully closed. Not a deal breaker as I'm running it wide open anyway but could have been annoying.

-Slightly gurgly after a top fill but I'm pretty sure that's because I haven't nailed the wicking yet.
Edit: Yup, user error. Rewicked with more fluff in the channels and problem is 90% fixed..

The Good- Great flavour, straightforward build, nice smooth airflow, 4.5ml glass tank.

-Seems to produce quite a dense cloudy vape for a mouth to lunger with a 1 ohm coil.

-Properly tight mtl draw, this is not a tank for anyone looking for a restricted direct lunger, it's just not happening.

As with any unfamiliar bottom fed RTA I'm kinda waiting for it to piss juice everywhere but it hasn't yet, no dry hits either.

Minor grumbles aside, I haven't put it down all day.
(This post was last modified: 17/10/17 04:56 PM by Filbert.)
06/10/17 07:20 PM
roccoweld Offline

Likes Given: 48
Vandy Vape Berserker RTA
I was at my mates the other weekend & I had my first go on a nautilus & was surprised how much I liked it. He told me about the beserker so I thought I’d give it a try. eBay £30 delivered & it came yesterday.
Put the coil that came with it in with my usual juice (2mg very high vg) & it flooded, no throat hit, not my thing I thought. Watched a review on the filling method where you tilt it upside down before tightening the top cap. Put a 60/40 6mg pistachio tobacco I made for someone ages ago in & started to play about with the wattage & air holes. I’ve settled on the second smallest air hole & 14watts!! I’m pretty bloody amazed, I’ve not used anything else since yesterday afternoon & I’m only on my second tank full, the 2ml tank at that. This is my first MTL since those pen things years ago. I never got on with my kayfun years ago & went onto drippers. My other go to set ups are the Kylin & the Azeroth rta, 50-70watts so this really isn’t what I expected to like. You can empty a tank in 15 mins without even thinking about it in those. Really pleasantly surprised, never vape tobacco flavours either but this is lovely & very civilised with a morning coffee. I think I might be converted here.
Quick couple of questions for you seasoned MTL lot if you don’t mind...
All my batteries are 20-30amp rated, am I better off using different batteries for such low wattage?
I’ve currently got it sat on a smok Al85, it matches in a weirdly industrial way. I normally use duel & triple 18650 mods but I could get away with a single for this. My alien just died & I don’t trust this, it normally lives in my car for out & about. A decent small 18650 mod recommendation, it probably won’t even have to go over 15 Watts!! The Mrs has got a pico but this thing is 24nm.
Anyway so far I’m loving this, the deck is fiddly but nothing’s perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07/10/17 07:52 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes roccoweld's post:
Barnweld (07/10/17)
Ray_of_Light Offline

Tried four different builds yesterday night. The aim is to get the same vape behaviour of the Nautilus mini with 18 mg/ml e-liquid.
So, the build that allows "parity" with the Nautilus mini using 18 mg/ml e-liquid (50 - 70 micrograms of nicotine per a 400 - 500 cc volume puff) is with a 1.5 mm I.D. coil, tightly spaced 8 turns of 0.3 mm Kanthal wire for 1.4 Ohm resistance, wicked snugly with cellucotton (rayon). Power at 8.5 - 10 Watt.
Any bigger coil, a 2 mm I.D. per example, require the use of 6 mg/ml e-liquid, while doubling - trebling the e-liquid consumption.
This tank feeds on the pressure created by the weight of the liquid, similarly to the Kayfun, and produce a similar vape. As such, the lack of a liquid control is the only shortcoming of the Berserker. It has happened that, while refilling, I had some leakage from the air holes.
Because of pressure feed, it is almost impossible to get a dry hit.
I noted as bigger coils may produce some spitback.
If using microcoils, as I do, the 2 ml option is the most suited.
It is possible to install > 2.5 mm I.D. coils and use 3 mg/mg liquids, allowing for an unsatisfactory restricted DTL.
Because of the tank diameter, many mods will show overhang. I still have to "marry" my Berserker to a mod because of this.
Some research indicated that "Enter a state of wild fury" is the description of a videogame character before he is transformed into a Berserker, similar to our Hulk character. All in all, I would like Vandy Vape to drop the circumferential inscription on the tank, as it already gained me some mockery.
Ready to answer questions on the Berserker if you have any.
Good weekend to everybody...
(This post was last modified: 07/10/17 08:21 AM by Ray_of_Light.)
07/10/17 08:08 AM
Filbert Offline

(07/10/17 07:52 AM)roccoweld Wrote:  All my batteries are 20-30amp rated, am I better off using different batteries for such low wattage?

Nah, I'd stick with what you have.
(This post was last modified: 07/10/17 02:18 PM by Filbert.)
07/10/17 02:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Filbert's post:
roccoweld (07/10/17)
PixelChef Offline
Insanity without the S

Likes Given: 287
Sex: Undisclosed
(07/10/17 08:08 AM)Ray_of_Light Wrote:  Some research indicated that "Enter a state of wild fury" is the description of a videogame character before he is transformed into a Berserker, similar to our Hulk character. All in all, I would like Vandy Vape to drop the circumferential inscription on the tank, as it already gained me some mockery.

Beserkers were viking warriors who ignored the obvious health and safety advantages of wearing armour on a 9th century battlefield, drank copious quantities of fly agaric infused psychoactive reindeer urine before battle, and then went crazy ape/batshit mental with an axe. (well you probably would).

Also, there is this guy.

What's the nature of the mockage? Surely it can't be worse than vaping on an atty helpfully engraved with the word 'Wanko'. Big Grin

(07/10/17 07:52 AM)roccoweld Wrote:  All my batteries are 20-30amp rated, am I better off using different batteries for such low wattage?

Typically MTL vapers use 20 watts or fewer, so you could use 3000mah cells like the Samsung 30Q for a bit of extra runtime.
07/10/17 04:39 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like PixelChef's post:
Filbert (07/10/17), roccoweld (07/10/17)
Filbert Offline

(07/10/17 04:39 PM)PixelChef Wrote:  İmage

I am shocked it took until page two to see a "Clerks" reference..Big Grin
07/10/17 07:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Filbert's post:
PixelChef (07/10/17)
PixelChef Offline
Insanity without the S

Likes Given: 287
Sex: Undisclosed
"He knows some English, but he can't not speak it good like we do" (that's beautiful man). Big Grin

07/10/17 09:52 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes PixelChef's post:
nisam (07/10/17)
Ray_of_Light Offline

Bought two more Berserkers, this time silver colour, from Amazon. It takes sometime to make a perfect build in it, but the job is worth times and times.
The vape is on the par with the Kayfun mini v3, which I don't use much because of the involuted airflow adjustment; I use the same microcoil to match the high-Nic e-liquid, and the wick lasts forever.
The 2 ml option produces a warmer vape, which I prefer. Per contro, the 4.5 ml option is more aesthetically conforming, when you consider the tank diameter. But, the wicking is slightly, only slightly, more difficult; and - potentially - any leak would have worse consequences.
The silver version is more pleasant than the black one, and that unsensical circumferential inscription on the tank cover is barely visible.
Now, lack of options: 4.5 mL ultem and 2 mL glass, replacement drip tip, a gasket set, the wire-catching screws, where these accessories are available?
And, if Vandy Vape is reading UKV, *We want a liquid flow control* !!! Also, you need to mill two sides of the top cover threading at 45 degrees, to allow air to escape while screwing the cover down. Easy peasy.
Aside all of above, enthusiasm come from the superior flavour when compared to the standard Nautilus coils. And, although I don't do an accounting, saving almost two coils every week, is nothing to belittle.
Vape on...
(This post was last modified: 13/10/17 05:12 PM by Ray_of_Light.)
13/10/17 05:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ray_of_Light's post:
BeerWeasel (13/10/17)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)