Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vandy Vape Berserker RTA
Johnboat Offline

Likes Given: 858
Sex: Male
RE: Vandy Vape Berserker RTA
I ordered one yesterday oddly enough, hasn't arrived yet. I'm a Kay Fun nut, so for me this should be interesting.

04/11/17 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
steamerbait Offline

Likes Given: 119
Sex:
I,ve got one these have been using it the past week or so. Great MTL tank. The only issue I,ve had is after top filling it tends to flood due to the AFC ring not being properly sealed. Its fairly loose. Been bottom filling it with no issues. I,ll try and sort when I rewick it. Might just need a slightly thicker seal. Will let you know.Undecided

04/11/17 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes steamerbait's post:
Ray_of_Light (20/11/17)
Sergeant Pluck Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
I’ve really been struggling with the Berserker. I’ve had it about a week. It’s my first RTA and I am using the coils that came with it, kanthal, 0.7 ohm. More on that later...

The issue I am having is constantly feeling as if I am drawing bubbles through a liquid - I assume this is the oft-mentioned flooding? I have wicked this thing every which way I can think of and cannot get rid of it. The best effort yet has been a quite short tailed wick, just long enough to touch down in the juice wells. Having said that, it is the only wick so far that has hinted at a slightly dry hit - but only once. Then it flooded...

As well as advice on the wicking, I wonder if this is somehow related to the height of the coil above the air inlet hole? What should this be? The coils seem to glow nice and evenly from the middle out.

But I have to admit I was surprised to see these supplied coils come out at 0.7 ohm. For a dedicated MTL tank, I can’t help thinking that a normal simple coil at about 1.2 to 1.6 ohm might be a better bet.

I haven’t made a coil yet. I have all the gubbins except wire - what should I be looking for?
01/02/18 08:42 PM
HeyJoe Offline

Likes Given: 348
Sex:
(01/02/18 08:42 PM)Sergeant Pluck Wrote:  I’ve really been struggling with the Berserker. I’ve had it about a week. It’s my first RTA and I am using the coils that came with it, kanthal, 0.7 ohm. More on that later...

The issue I am having is constantly feeling as if I am drawing bubbles through a liquid - I assume this is the oft-mentioned flooding? I have wicked this thing every which way I can think of and cannot get rid of it. The best effort yet has been a quite short tailed wick, just long enough to touch down in the juice wells. Having said that, it is the only wick so far that has hinted at a slightly dry hit - but only once. Then it flooded...

As well as advice on the wicking, I wonder if this is somehow related to the height of the coil above the air inlet hole? What should this be? The coils seem to glow nice and evenly from the middle out.

But I have to admit I was surprised to see these supplied coils come out at 0.7 ohm. For a dedicated MTL tank, I can’t help thinking that a normal simple coil at about 1.2 to 1.6 ohm might be a better bet.

I haven’t made a coil yet. I have all the gubbins except wire - what should I be looking for?

For the flooding, try taking off the seal in the top screw in section where you fill.. apparently the machining is accurate enough to not need it. This will reduce the buildup of pressure in the air space above the liquid as you screw it down, making it not act like a sealed piston as it did before, then immediately give it a few good pulls without firing up to set the partial vacuum in that airspace. The partial pressure created by sucking is what allows the higher outside pressure to keep the liquid in the tank by pushing on it from the bottom without resistance from any positive air pressure in the air space pushing back because it's been removed. Hope that makes sense.

Watch this vid as well by Vaping Postman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z42Pa6rAck
(This post was last modified: 02/02/18 12:25 AM by HeyJoe.)
01/02/18 11:35 PM
Sergeant Pluck Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
Thanks. I am still working this tank out. I haven’t tried removing the seal - I have taken to bottom filling it.

In any case, the problem is that even when a wick starts off well after half an hour or so it will, to some extent, flood.

I am getting better at wicking it: having the tails just long enough to loosely pack the juice wells seems to be enough. Getting that just right is 50 / 50 for me.

Another thing that has improved matters is my accidental discovery that the tank works better for me at about 13 or 14 W, which is lower than I would expect for a 0.7 ohm coil.
11/02/18 05:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)