Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vandyvape Beserker, too much nic level?
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 349
Sex: Male
RE: Vandyvape Beserker, too much nic level?
(08/03/18 09:00 PM)flearider Wrote:  just one question did you wash out the beserker first ? could be theres an oil residue there and that's whats making you sick ..
yeah it's happened to me ...

I've had this happen to me, but with a new tank. Didn't make me sick, but had a vile taste. Dumped the juice & put tank in ultrasonic cleaner with warm water and a touch of detergent, then rinsed in the cleaner. Problem sorted.
09/03/18 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
nickevil Offline

Likes Given: 6
Sex:

Cheers guys, i've stripped it down and given it a clean. I'll report back if it makes a difference. I did notice what could have been oil residue on a couple of parts, but could just have been juice.
I've been back on the Nautilus today and no problems, so its gotta be either like you say there is some oil residue left over from machining or the coil is much more efficient and i'm getting a bigger hit of nic per inhale.
09/03/18 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
flearider Offline

Likes Given: 253
(09/03/18 08:15 PM)nickevil Wrote:  Cheers guys, i've stripped it down and given it a clean. I'll report back if it makes a difference. I did notice what could have been oil residue on a couple of parts, but could just have been juice.
I've been back on the Nautilus today and no problems, so its gotta be either like you say there is some oil residue left over from machining or the coil is much more efficient and i'm getting a bigger hit of nic per inhale.

strange ?
as I vape both my tanks and my rda's at the same nic level 12mg

What does it matter now if men believe or no?
What is to come will come. And soon you too will stand aside,
To murmur in pity that my words were true
(Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)
To see the wizard one must look behind the curtain ....
09/03/18 08:24 PM
Ray_of_Light Offline

Likes Given: 49
I can confirm that the nicotine take on the Berserker is almost the double of a Nautilus.
I vape 18 mg on a Nautilus, I must use 6 mg in the Berserker.
So you should switch to 3 mg to keep the same nicotine take.
11/03/18 06:19 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ray_of_Light's post:
nickevil (12/03/18)
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 3,570
Sex:
(11/03/18 06:19 AM)Ray_of_Light Wrote:  So you should switch to 3 mg to keep the same nicotine take.

Why?

They'll most likely find their consumption regulates itself after a few days, which I'd have thought would be a much better option than inhaling greater volumes of weaker liquid.

I switched from 18mg to 12mg several years back, which I've continued to use in every atomiser since then. 0.5 ohm-1.8 ohm, 10W-30W, mtl or dl the same liquids work fine.
11/03/18 11:44 AM
HeyJoe Offline

Likes Given: 382
Sex:
(11/03/18 11:44 AM)nisam Wrote:  
(11/03/18 06:19 AM)Ray_of_Light Wrote:  So you should switch to 3 mg to keep the same nicotine take.

Why?

They'll most likely find their consumption regulates itself after a few days, which I'd have thought would be a much better option than inhaling greater volumes of weaker liquid.

I switched from 18mg to 12mg several years back, which I've continued to use in every atomiser since then. 0.5 ohm-1.8 ohm, 10W-30W, mtl or dl the same liquids work fine.

I agree. I think the potential for any harm is more likely to come from excessive vaping rather than excessive nicotine, which is self-regulating , as you say. Vaping nic that is too weak is like trying to get a hit off low-alcohol beer.
(This post was last modified: 11/03/18 01:12 PM by HeyJoe.)
11/03/18 01:10 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes HeyJoe's post:
nisam (12/03/18)
nickevil Offline

Likes Given: 6
Sex:

Been using 3mg with the beserker for the last couple of days and to be honest its been fine! I would never have thought it but it does seem that for me at least its comparable to 6mg in a Nautilus 2 tank. I've not been vaping any more than i would the Nautilus, in fact i would say slightly less. I'm using it at 13w with a 1.2 ohm coil, lots more cloud but the throat hit isnt quite the same, but i do feel satisfied and no nicotine cravings.
Thanks for all the help and advice guys.
12/03/18 02:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes nickevil's post:
Crème de Vape (13/03/18)
Spikey Offline

Likes Given: 59
Sex:
Hi nickevil,

If you're getting a bit green around the gills with 6mg, why not just dilute your juice a little with some VG and add a couple of drops of flavouring, if you work it out properly, (there are loads of DIY juice calculators out there in web land) you could try 4 - 5 mg instead?

Other than that, i can only say take fewer puffs and stick with the 6mg...my Mrs vapes with the Berserker and she uses about 18mg, and she's fine with that.

Cheers.

(08/03/18 04:20 PM)nickevil Wrote:  Hi guys, until recently i've been using a Nautilus 2 with 6mg juice (1.8 ohm coil at about 10.5w) and i've been happy at that level.
I've just got a Vandyvape Beserker as i fancied having rebuildable coils (i've found the Aspire bvc's to be a bit hit and miss).
The Beserker was fine for a few days with 6mg juice, 1.2 ohm coil but all of a sudden i started feeling a bit unwell which i soon realised was too much nicotine....

The only thing i can think is the Beserker is much more efficient at vapourising juice so in effect i've been having a lot more nicotine than usual? Does that sound logical?
I have tried vaping some 3mg in it but it's not quite satisfying the cravings. So i'm not really sure what to do..
Sorry for the ramble!
Nick
17/06/18 06:24 PM
greendog Offline

Likes Given: 29
Sex:
if you want 4.5 mg just mix 10ml 6mg with 10ml 3mg of same flavour.

lost or stolen dog ?

http://www.dogtag.org.uk
02/07/18 09:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)