Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vaping in China
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Likes Given: 2,196
Sex: Male

RE: Vaping in China
Well all was going fine and then...

My FuryTank started going all squiggly - whichever mod i put it on the ohms would keep changing and then the dreaded - No Atomiser or equivalent
Changed heads a few times and fine for a while then it happened again. Undecided

So put it one side and went out for my first drinkies with a Yank i'd been put in touch with at a Chinese 'pub' that serves imported beer - and he got me hammered and on Duvel bless him! Then i managed to drop and break the glass tank on the KST mini. Get home to find i haven't got the spare with me Facepalm

Still have an old Kanger Aerotank so could be worse.

Get in touch with my new Facebook and Wechat friend LJ, at Anyvape to see if there's anyway i can get a new Furytank or something - i can't get a Chinese bank account until i receive my Residency Permit (currently being processed - so at least a couple of weeks) and most companies that accept paypal won't deliver within China

Well LJ has been an absolute star - told her boss about me Furytank, and as i've only had it for a couple of months and am her friend, she managed to persuade him to give me a new Sega tank as a replacement - which is in the post and should be here for the weekend 97

So whilst i still want to get a replacement tank for the KST (easiest RBA section i've used) at least i'll have sub Ohming back up and running thanks to my Vaping Angel LJ 23
23/09/15 04:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like Digicig's post:
blaze (26/09/15), JoBo (23/09/15)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Some pics
Me at work - trying to demonstrate the concept of 2 socks = a.... to elicit the word pair - for pair work later 30

Yes i can use chopsticks-ish

View from my classroom
27/09/15 05:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 8 users Like Digicig's post:
BigStuart (27/09/15), blaze (27/09/15), Cheekiecharlie (27/09/15), IAO (04/01/16), JoBo (27/09/15), Markse (05/01/16), MatthewGivingUp (27/12/15), Pikeybarsteward (17/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Price of a 100g bar of 60% Dark chocolate 9rmb so 200g = 18rmb
Price of 20 marlboro = 15rmb
So cheaper to die of cancer than get fat in China Facepalm
BTW £1 = roughly 10rmb

The chocolates 'imported' - the government owns ALL the tobacco companies Mad

Also probably helps explain why i'm the only vaper i've seen so far over here - even at 100rmb for a piece of kit that would cost 250-300rmb in the UK that's 200 of the cheapest fags Facepalm
(This post was last modified: 27/09/15 05:43 AM by Digicig.)
27/09/15 05:39 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Digicig's post:
ThereIs0nly0ne (26/10/15)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

One of the most overused words in China - 'Authentic' - "You keep using that word - I do not think it means what you think it means!" springs to mind snickering_smiley

Trying to buy ecig kit in China is definitely trickier than one would expect. Shenzhen is a 'Special Economic Zone', which gives it certain 'privileges' in trading with the West, whilst not being easy to send internally in China. So despite being the Ecig manufacturing 'Centre of the World' - that is except for China - as most companies don't or can't deliver to mainland China.

So instead of buying directly from manufacturers - which is difficult anyway when you don't meet the minimum order requirement - i gave to use sites like [a href="http://world.taobao.com/search/search.htm?_ksTS=1451899577992_49&spm=a21bp.7806943.20151106.1&search_type=0&_input_charset=utf-8&navigator=all&json=on&q=18650%2030A&callback=__jsonp_cb&abtest=_AB-LR517-LR854-LR895-PR854-PV517_2375-PV895_2352"]taobao.com[/a] (here's an example of 18650's) - so bit of a 'language barrier' to hurdle as well. And price point is absolutely no guarantee of 'authenticity' either.

My first Ecig related purchase was for some PG - to dilute the 30mg pre-mixed DIY juice i brought with me - advertised as USP (US equivalent of BP). Paid a higher price assuming 'authenticity' - but although it tasted OK, seems to gunk up coils at least twice as fast as the BP PG back home.

Latest purchase a Footoon Aqua Fx - went for the mid priced option (pics of the manual and engraving looking good) - but apparently a 'clone' due to the included 3ml SS tank and installed 1.2 Ohm coil. OK, apparently as tis designed in Korea and assembled in China, the majority of the 'clones' are made in the same Chinese factory, but still....

Price point should be a good indicator, but as so much of our consumer goods are made here, there are many bargains (often genuine reductions) and 'seconds' available, that even that is disputable. Same goes for ordinary things, like my new 'authentic' 'Jack Wolfskin' 50L rucksack, 'Lexus' golf umbrella, and almost anything 'Samsung' - but generally well priced and well made, and more importantly, i'm not inhaling them!
(This post was last modified: 04/01/16 11:08 AM by Digicig.)
04/01/16 09:58 AM
JoBo (15/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

BTW - Chinese food is a tad different over her Wink If you go out for a meal with folk for starters - anything ordered is for everyone to share - tables often being of the 'Lazy Susan' variety. So no sooner have you found a dish you like then it's disappeared out of reach. I never realised how territorial i was about my food, until eating in company here. I like having my chosen dish/es and 'portion' and it being MINE! (i seem to remember stabbing me older brother with me fork for 'trespassing on me plate once Wink ) When eating out here, it's very easy to loose track of how much you've eaten, and most 'guests' seen to eat until either food runs out, or more likely, stuffed. The amount of left overs is also a tad disconcerting at times - though it does generally go to feeding the pigs. The Chinese also MUST have freshly cooked food! OK in the summer makes sense, otherwise food poisoning would be rife, but otherwise...

The food also tends to be, what me Ma would term 'Fussy Food' - with bones etc still attached - especially with fish. The flavour might be great, and i can use chopsticks, but gnawing at a bit of bone, to get a morsel of meat, seems far too much effort - as if i'm using up more calories to eat it than i'm gaining LoL

I've only had or seen chicken breast as an option in one restaurant so far, a Vietnamese place, that has subsequently shut or moved. Even in shops and markets the only chicken breast i've found is frozen, but cheap enough, so has become my staple. Me Ma also has been sending me 'Care Packages' of Coffee (Nescafe £5+ for 100g here) and herbs, spices and stock cube (Bless Her) - which ha allowed me to make the most of the supplied slow cooker for stews through the cold months thus far Big Grin Again my Chinese friends and students are somewhat appalled by me cooking and then reheating the stew for the next few days LoL
04/01/16 10:24 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Digicig's post:
blaze (04/01/16), Coyals (15/01/16), JoBo (15/01/16), Loganberry (04/01/16), Psycho (12/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Some more pics: China's fast train, the 'Ice Kingdom' - huge themed 'meat loker' with the kids class, change in seasonal attire and with 'Bob' .

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag14...izmawq.jpg

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag14...5ghjzy.jpg

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag14...sw5igy.jpg
(This post was last modified: 04/01/16 12:01 PM by Digicig.)
04/01/16 11:48 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Digicig's post:
blaze (04/01/16), Cheekiecharlie (04/01/16), IAO (04/01/16), Markse (05/01/16)
IAO Offline

Likes Given: 4,365
You're obviously having a ball, nice to see an update but not sure about those slippers Wink

Dress back jump back, this is a bluebeat attack.
04/01/16 10:25 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes IAO's post:
Digicig (05/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

The slippers are wool and cashmere - not bad for a fiver LoL
05/01/16 05:57 AM
IAO (05/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

My first China bought set-up - Realeux rx 200 and Footoon Aqua FX. No idea about the 'Authenticity' of either, though the FX is more than likely not Blush
Either way - cracking set-up. The Realeaux is hefty compared to either the Kbox or Eleaf 50w i brought with me, but sits nicely in the hand, terrific battery life, smooth fire button, and really ain't falling over! The FX (unauthentic though it maybe) gives great flavour, vapour, airflow, and loving the 3 or 5ml options. The rebuilding is definitely easier 2nd time around, and the way you can build a coil using the spare ceramic and clips and then just drop it into the 'case' when needed, makes it only a tad more difficult than replacing a stock coil - no need to drain the tank either. Thumbs Up

Have afew bits and pieces due too - 'Authentic' Aqua FX - Vaporesso kit (mainly for the Ceramic heads to try in a Furytank 2 when i visit Anyvape - only way to guarantee an 'Authentic' product LoL. Clapton Coils that come with the Furytank 2, versus ceramic from the Vaporesso Thumbs Up ) and 6 new batteries for the Realeaux.

Still got to sort a juice supply out, the 500ml of 30mg premixed Nic, PG/VG - is due to run out in a month or so - even diluted - but have found a source of Nic - IL of 36mg for $39 which should keep me going - they do flavours too but will hang on to see if i can source owt else - or get me Ma to send me some M+P's Big Grin

Vaping in China thus far has been a) lonely - still not seen or heard of another vaper anywhere near me b) trickier to source 'authentic' anything than i imagined.

For example - thought i'd try and find some of the Vaporesso ceramic heads - easiest place was FT - who don't deliver to mainland China. So ordered them to be sent to me Ma in Ireland, who will then send them to me in China Finger Tap Hence ordering the Vaporesso kit in the end. At least the controversy over the toxicity of the coils should be sorted one way or the other by the time the 10 i've ordered arrive LoL

09/01/16 02:30 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Digicig's post:
IAO (09/01/16), JoBo (15/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Might try and find out where in Shenzhen Vaporesso (Smoore) are based, and see if they can a) clear up the toxicity issue and b) sell me some heads direct LoL

Seriously though, no contact details on the Vaporesso site, so emailed Smoore directly. As i'm going to be in Shenzhen next week, i've asked if it would be possible to visit the factory, and give their side of the toxicity rumour - Also contacted Spinfuel too to see if they might be interested in 'publishing' Smoore's side of the story - hopefully including their toxicity reports too. Can't hurt to ask as i'll be in the area 30

For thems that haven't heard - Grimm Green mentioned that he'd been contacted by an as yet unnamed, but 'trusted' vendor, that they had the cCellcoils tested and received back a worrying toxicity report. The vendor has sent a second batch off to be tested to confirm the findings and Grimm will reposrt back as soon as e here's the results. Mentioned as of around 59 mins in the vlog below. As of this time it is a rumour, with no names mentioned or findings revealed - so could be a storm in a teacup or something more.

09/01/16 04:24 PM
JoBo (15/01/16)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)