Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Warning: Australia is seizing e-liquid
MatthewGivingUp Offline
Keep on tooting...forever

Likes Given: 3,471
Sex: Male
Exclamation Warning: Australia is seizing e-liquid
Anyone travelling to Australia? If so please read this tweeted by NNAlliance AU:

'QLD now seizing #vapers nicotine at the airport. @camerondickqld What about the #quitters & tourists in @Queensland go back to smoking?'

İmage İmage

Link to original Twitter post:
https://twitter.com/NNAllianceAU/status/...4219759616

Matt
---------------
Helping others to convert to vaping.

07/05/17 09:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Izan Offline
tactless fuck

Likes Given: 2,682
RE: Warning: Australia is seizing e-liquid
(07/05/17 09:53 AM)MatthewGivingUp Wrote:  Anyone travelling to Australia? If so please read this tweeted by NNAlliance AU:

'QLD now seizing #vapers nicotine at the airport. @camerondickqld What about the #quitters & tourists in @Queensland go back to smoking?'

That (package) was stopped at customs during the importation process. (Via mail)
How is this related to tourists and visitors?
Of course the hyperbole helps to raise the fear level.

Cheers
I

07/05/17 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Izan's post:
MatthewGivingUp (12/05/17)
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 240
(07/05/17 10:31 AM)Izan Wrote:  
(07/05/17 09:53 AM)MatthewGivingUp Wrote:  Anyone travelling to Australia? If so please read this tweeted by NNAlliance AU:

That (package) was stopped at customs during the importation process. (Via mail)
How is this related to tourists and visitors?
Of course the hyperbole helps to raise the fear level.

Cheers
I

"The sale and personal possession or use (among other things) of nicotine electronic cigarettes is currently unlawful in every jurisdiction in Australia (unless specifically approved /authorised/licenced/etc)"

That might affect my choice of holiday destination.
07/05/17 10:53 AM
Jazzy J Offline

Likes Given: 1,926
Warning: Australia is seizing e-liquid
I was under the understanding that you could import for personal use an amount per year?
When did this change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07/05/17 11:21 AM
Strawb Offline

Likes Given: 13
Sex:
Although the items (2x 100ml bottles of e-liquid) appear to have been intercepted when sent through the post to an Australian address, the letter clearly states that Nicotine is a regulated poison in all states in Australia and POSSESSION in Queensland is an offence .

As such, I would anticipate that coming through immigration into Australia (or at least into Queensland) in possession of even a small quantity of nicotine containing e-liquid would be deemed an offence.
(This post was last modified: 08/05/17 08:27 AM by Strawb.)
08/05/17 08:22 AM
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vaping Pioneer since 13-10-2008
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,075
I've been through Aus customs sixteen times in the past four years, fourteen of them
through Brisbane in QLD, and the latest four occasions in January this year through Brisbane.
I have always had a small case with 4-5 mods and tanks, all empty except one tank in my liquid bag
along with 1-2 30ml bottles labelled correctly with Nicotine. I always open the case for screening
at security and have had absolutely no problems; varying amounts of interest in the collection I take
with me, but no issues with any of it. I have used them all over QLD and NSW, again without any issue
but also not blowing huge clouds or using in places where it would be inappropriate.

Although there are regulations regarding importing Nicotine products for personal use, many states/areas
do not seem too concerned with applying them strictly.

See Legal status of electronic cigarettes in Australia.

Quote:

Importation of nicotine electronic cigarettes for personal use

Importation of nicotine electronic cigarettes for personal therapeutic use (e.g. use as a quitting aid)
is exempt from TGA registration requirements where certain conditions are satisfied (see below).
This exemption arises under the personal importation scheme provided for under the
Therapeutic Goods Regulations 1990 (Cth) (Schedule 5).
It is therefore possible to lawfully import nicotine electronic cigarettes for personal use if the importer
is able to comply with the requirements of the TGA’s personal importation scheme.
Under this scheme (among other requirements):

As the goods are listed in Schedule 4 of the Poisons Standard (Prescription only), the importer must
have a prescription from a medical practitioner registered in the relevant state or territory
(unless the importer carries the goods as a passenger on a ship or plane)

John.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π and it was delicious!
08/05/17 09:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 6 users Like FlavourArtUK's post:
Amazing Vape (15/05/17), Barnweld (10/05/17), Izan (08/05/17), Jazzy J (10/05/17), MatthewGivingUp (12/05/17), Strawb (10/05/17)
Strawb Offline

Likes Given: 13
Sex:
(08/05/17 09:48 AM)FlavourArtUK Wrote:  I've been through Aus customs sixteen times in the past four years, fourteen of them
through Brisbane in QLD, and the latest four occasions in January this year through Brisbane.
I have always had a small case with 4-5 mods and tanks, all empty except one tank in my liquid bag
along with 1-2 30ml bottles labelled correctly with Nicotine. I always open the case for screening
at security and have had absolutely no problems; varying amounts of interest in the collection I take
with me, but no issues with any of it. I have used them all over QLD and NSW, again without any issue
but also not blowing huge clouds or using in places where it would be inappropriate.

Although there are regulations regarding importing Nicotine products for personal use, many states/areas
do not seem too concerned with applying them strictly.

See Legal status of electronic cigarettes in Australia.

Quote:

Importation of nicotine electronic cigarettes for personal use

Importation of nicotine electronic cigarettes for personal therapeutic use (e.g. use as a quitting aid)
is exempt from TGA registration requirements where certain conditions are satisfied (see below).
This exemption arises under the personal importation scheme provided for under the
Therapeutic Goods Regulations 1990 (Cth) (Schedule 5).
It is therefore possible to lawfully import nicotine electronic cigarettes for personal use if the importer
is able to comply with the requirements of the TGA’s personal importation scheme.
Under this scheme (among other requirements):

As the goods are listed in Schedule 4 of the Poisons Standard (Prescription only), the importer must
have a prescription from a medical practitioner registered in the relevant state or territory
(unless the importer carries the goods as a passenger on a ship or plane)

John.

Thanks for the clarification John, most useful to know.
10/05/17 07:39 AM
Amazing Vape Offline

Likes Given: 1,010
Yes, I was starting to think they had a problem with being isolated from the rest of the world. Australia remains an interesting place to visit then.

A site about the facts and history of vaping (but most probably never): http://www.amazingvape.weebly.com
15/05/17 05:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 2,837
Sex:
I have some really terrible liquids.

Tomorrow they're going in the post to Queensland, for disposal CheesyGrin
15/05/17 05:58 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like nisam's post:
malister (16/05/17), neilk (20/05/17)
Sludge Van Diesel Offline

Likes Given: 49
Sex:
(15/05/17 05:58 PM)nisam Wrote:  I have some really terrible liquids.

Tomorrow they're going in the post to Queensland, for disposal CheesyGrin

Good ideaHeHe!

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish (Although my preferred option is to vape & drink wine with the wise)
15/05/17 06:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)