Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who supported and who betrayed us?
bumble Offline

Likes Given: 77
Sex: Male
RE: Who supported and who betrayed us?
(11/07/13 11:50 PM)blaze Wrote:  
(11/07/13 08:03 PM)Chips Wrote:  Nikki Sinclaire MEP posted a supportive video on youtube also

Is it just me or do UKIP folk look a bit wierd?

Sorry Nikki, you do look lovely, honest.

The problem with the UKIP line is that they say "let the UK make the laws, don't let Brussels do it". If this was not in the European Parliament, if left entirely to the UK Government and the MHRA, we would have e-cigs exclusively regulated as medicinal.

The best chance we have got is to persuade the European Peoples Party to vote down exclusively medicinal regulation. We needed 11 EPP MEPs to vote the other way last week. Dr Renate Sommer (from the German CDU) is exactly the kind of person we need on-side - she just has to get 273 other EPP MEPs to help (rather than voting different ways as they did at ENVI).

We should get this defeated in Europe rather than seeing Europe as the problem - in which case I'm quite happy for Brussels to tell the UK MHRA to back down.
16/07/13 12:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like bumble's post:
FlamingKaty (16/07/13), GIBLA53 (16/07/13), marlowejames (16/07/13)
marlowejames Offline

Likes Given: 2,171
(16/07/13 12:14 AM)bumble Wrote:  
(11/07/13 08:03 PM)Chips Wrote:  Nikki Sinclaire MEP posted a supportive video on youtube also

The problem with the UKIP line is that they say "let the UK make the laws, don't let Brussels do it". If this was not in the European Parliament, if left entirely to the UK Government and the MHRA, we would have e-cigs exclusively regulated as medicinal.

The best chance we have got is to persuade the European Peoples Party to vote down exclusively medicinal regulation. We needed 11 EPP MEPs to vote the other way last week. Dr Renate Sommer (from the German CDU) is exactly the kind of person we need on-side - she just has to get 273 other EPP MEPs to help (rather than voting different ways as they did at ENVI).

We should get this defeated in Europe rather than seeing Europe as the problem - in which case I'm quite happy for Brussels to tell the UK MHRA to back down.

I totally agree that the EPP vote is where we should concentrate. I'm personally sending a letter to both Dr Sommer and Karl-Heinz Florenz. I just hope that they can read English?

Regards

Roger
16/07/13 12:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes marlowejames's post:
GIBLA53 (16/07/13)
blaze Offline

Likes Given: 5,526
(16/07/13 12:14 AM)bumble Wrote:  

I don't see Europe as the problem, I just think UKIP people are all a bit wierd. I mean, the Hamiltons FFS!

Did you mean 27? Or 11? I totally agree with your analysis BTW, if not with your numbers!

16/07/13 12:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
bumble Offline

(16/07/13 12:23 AM)blaze Wrote:  Did you mean 27? Or 11? I totally agree with your analysis BTW, if not with your numbers!

It was 11 needed in in the ENVI committee (45/25 wrong way). Not sure of the swing needed in the European Parliament but there are 274 EPP MEPs.
16/07/13 02:12 AM
bumble Offline

(16/07/13 12:21 AM)marlowejames Wrote:  I totally agree that the EPP vote is where we should concentrate. I'm personally sending a letter to both Dr Sommer and Karl-Heinz Florenz. I just hope that they can read English?

The one thing that will really make these people listen to a Brit is if you take the trouble to write to them in German.

Sommer sounds on-side but I'm told that Florenz is the guy to persuade. His vote was followed by two thirds of EPP MEPs in ENVI.

Anyone out there able to translate? It really would be worth getting some German-speaking vapers to help with this - starting with "I am British but I am writing to you as an influential MEP so that..." (in his own language).
16/07/13 02:18 AM
lvd Offline

Likes Given: 36
Here’s a shared public document in which we are colleting the basic data of all MEP’s

MEP-Database

If you know how a MPE stands toward the e-cig please indicate so as PRO, CONTRA, UNDECIDED is column ‘H’

Please forward this message to all your contacts, especially the international ones, so we know better where we stand.

If people want to spare some of their time to look up e-mail addresses, to complete the database, your help would be appreciated.

For this open the link in column ‘F’, this opens the webpage of the MEP in question on the EU-web, click on the right hand side on “Send E-mail”, and copy the e-mail address in column “G”, this is a public shared document so continue where the last person left off.

Many thank in advance.

We are Vaponymous. We are many. We intend to stay healthy. Sorry if this bothers you.
16/07/13 02:44 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like lvd's post:
bumble (16/07/13), GIBLA53 (16/07/13), gj1 (16/07/13), Humph (16/07/13), Josef K (16/07/13), twiglet (16/07/13)
GIBLA53 Offline

Likes Given: 2,860
(16/07/13 02:18 AM)bumble Wrote:  
(16/07/13 12:21 AM)marlowejames Wrote:  I totally agree that the EPP vote is where we should concentrate. I'm personally sending a letter to both Dr Sommer and Karl-Heinz Florenz. I just hope that they can read English?

The one thing that will really make these people listen to a Brit is if you take the trouble to write to them in German.

Sommer sounds on-side but I'm told that Florenz is the guy to persuade. His vote was followed by two thirds of EPP MEPs in ENVI.

Anyone out there able to translate? It really would be worth getting some German-speaking vapers to help with this - starting with "I am British but I am writing to you as an influential MEP so that..." (in his own language).

Possibly FergusM or Duck (Michael Kleinfeld) could help but I feel sure that some kind fluent German speaker would assist .

Another alternative is post the completed letter on the ECCA Facebook page where a number of German folks regularly post and ask them to produce a coherent translation

tweets @gordonalanbeard
16/07/13 08:45 AM
marlowejames Offline

Likes Given: 2,171
(16/07/13 08:45 AM)GIBLA53 Wrote:  
(16/07/13 02:18 AM)bumble Wrote:  

Possibly FergusM or Duck (Michael Kleinfeld) could help but I feel sure that some kind fluent German speaker would assist .

Another alternative is post the completed letter on the ECCA Facebook page where a number of German folks regularly post and ask them to produce a coherent translation

I agree with the influence that Florenz has which is why I felt compelled to write to him. I've spent a fair amount of time composing a letter, but I've not been convinced that sending it in English is a good move. The suggestions regarding a translation are appreciated and I'll firstly try and guage both FergusM and Duck's opinion.

Regards

Roger
16/07/13 08:59 AM
JayLavEnts Offline
Retailer- London
Vendors

Likes Given: 470
Very good work!

Charles Tannock and Marina Yannakoudakis are both PRO

JayLav Enterprises
E-Cigarettes supplies, advice and Education
@Jaylavents
Coming soon! New Ecig Lounge Bar in London!
London's Independent Vaping Vendor
Vape free, Vape happy
17/07/13 01:45 PM
Llamedos Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
I know Chris Davies supported us. If I read his articles correctly the thinks the anti brigade are nuts. However for interest here is an e.mail I recently sent to Chris Davies as he is my local MEP. Incidentally I tried to send a copy of it to Cameron and Clegg but it is now made so difficult to get e.mails to them that I gave up in the end

Mr Davies

I note your support for e.cigarettes and applaud you for your stance.
I appears to me that proper research by all the objectors has not been undertaken and more importantly interviews with users to get some feedback on the use.
To give you some background of my own particular case up until 4 years ago I was a 40 per day smoker and was developing a smokers cough.
I had tried most of the proprietary methods (chewing gum, inhalers, patches and even snuff) without success.
Having heard of e.cigs 4 years ago I purchased my first one and from that moment my health turned around and never touched a tobacco cigarette again. Within 4 days my smokers cough had gone and within 6 weeks my blood pressure had reduce to the point I stopped taking BP tablets. Although using e. Cigs my GP now considers I am a non smoker.
A friend who I encouraged to convert had chest problems and after 4 weeks returned to his GP for a further “blow into this machine” test and the result came back that he was a non smoker. I personally have converted over 16 people onto this safe alternative but have now been kicked in the face by a European Parliament and national Government who want to interfere and legislate on these products.
My cynical nature is telling me that government are well aware of the success rate of these devices that they know they are about to lose possibly billions in lost duty and VAT and that is why they are trying to legislate so they can hit these devices with tax or duty.
It seem ironic to me that there is hardly any legislation on real tobacco products that do actually kill people but they want to legislate on a replacement product that actually has, as far as I know, has never killed anyone.
It is estimated that there are 1.3 million users of e.cigarettes now in the UK so I believe that government is making a serious error of judgement in this particular matter . Could be 1.3 million, and growing lost votes.....they certainly will not get mine or any of the 16 odd people or so that I have converted.
So thanks Mr Davies making a stance on our behalf and good luck in presenting the true facts and not the fictitious ones to the objectors

Regards and best wishes
17/07/13 03:58 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Llamedos's post:
Cliffy (28/02/14), FlamingKaty (17/07/13), GIBLA53 (17/07/13)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)