Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wicking Issues on bellus
p2pleon Offline
Get out Tar

Likes Given: 825
Sex: Male
Wicking Issues on bellus
I have so far been using my bellus today for about 4 hours, but when i first wicked it i could taste the flavour of the juice, yet now i have rewicked about 3 times in the space of 1 hour, just that it produces a vapour but i do not get the flavour profile that i had been used to. I have used less wick this time but i get somewhat of a dry hit many times and would like to get the flavour back.

The wicks touch the bottom of the base or should they only touch the first base height as when i come to look at it the cotton has not browned like last time when trying to do a longer inhale.

any help for wicking method to be used appreciated.

I generally roll the wick with the bottom of my palm and usually is about 4mm in width.

Anything goes now to keep me off.
20/08/16 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes p2pleon's post:
HeyJoe (05/01/17)
p2pleon Offline
Get out Tar

RE: Wicking Issues on bellus
Tried a thinner roll and then the beast leaked when i topped up. So now i think I have got it working again but not much flavour, Had my last cig at 8 now, yet had been smoke free from 3pm till 7pm since then have had 2. Sorry for the alteration. Must be my olfactory resetting. Yet when I had just had one now could taste the nastiness of the cig. Again going off topic.

Did not cut the wick to the bottom of the base just to the top base no leaking and good vapour production just need to taste the flavour now.

20/08/16 07:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
gummy Offline

Likes Given: 8
Sex:
Hi p2, I wicked mine like this

I juiced it up and trimmed it so that it sat on the top step shaped it a bit so that there was a whisp in the well.
20/08/16 08:04 PM
p2pleon Offline
Get out Tar

that's how I have started to have mine, but I have no whisp in the well

20/08/16 08:39 PM
p2pleon Offline
Get out Tar

Well after 4 hours i have now succeeded in getting the wicking right, although I have now got a dual coil build in running at .43 and vaping at 50w. This is the furthest I have pushed as now I am getting that flavour yet honestly I did not expect to have a shit load of vapour from a small 2 second draw. The juice is a 50/50.

21/08/16 12:02 AM
Leroy4bz Offline

Likes Given: 169
I wick mine like Gummy. For some reason there is always a bit of leakage when I first fill it, but it soon settles down. Cracking little Attie!

Life is a bowl of toenails.
21/08/16 10:08 AM
nommo Offline
Mycophile

Likes Given: 489
Sex: Undisclosed
I got a Bellus a while ago but still haven't mastered being able to wick it and prevent about 1ml of liquid gushing out when I fill it, so I don't feel qualified to advise! I guess I'm not using enough cotton to block the gap?

"What is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
21/08/16 10:51 AM
Vapewhore Offline
Miss.Bee-Haven

Likes Given: 1,512
Sex: Female
My wicking's the same as gummy, the Bellus loves a big wad of cotton through its coils.

Leaking issues mainly has to do with not enough cotton, don't be shy with it, pack it in there lol Wink

21/08/16 11:18 AM
Barnweld Offline

Likes Given: 1,407
(21/08/16 11:18 AM)Vapewhore Wrote:  My wicking's the same as gummy, the Bellus loves a big wad of cotton through its coils.

Leaking issues mainly has to do with not enough cotton, don't be shy with it, pack it in there lol Wink

It has been said a good girth is better than length.
21/08/16 11:25 AM
nommo Offline
Mycophile

Likes Given: 489
Sex: Undisclosed
(21/08/16 11:18 AM)Vapewhore Wrote:  My wicking's the same as gummy, the Bellus loves a big wad of cotton through its coils.

What internal diameter are your coils? I think mine are 2.5mm but it's been a few months since I coiled it. I might try what I'd consider 'overstuffing' this afternoon and see if I can nail it.

"What is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
21/08/16 12:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)