Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wismec luxotic
roccoweld Offline

Likes Given: 53
Sex: Male
Wismec luxotic
Hi.
Does anybody know what the pre built coils are that come with the wismec luxotic kit? It says they're Clapton's, Ni80 I presume. The ramp up on a mech is unbelievable, really good. They come out at 0.15. I ordered some pre made 0.15 Ni80 clapton's, 38/26/24g but they're much bigger. Any suggestions, or an educated guess?

Coil that comes with it.

Next to the one I ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11/04/18 06:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
flearider Offline

Likes Given: 249
RE: Wismec luxotic
maybe 316-17 ss looks about right for them ..

What does it matter now if men believe or no?
What is to come will come. And soon you too will stand aside,
To murmur in pity that my words were true
(Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)
To see the wizard one must look behind the curtain ....
11/04/18 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
roccoweld Offline

Wismec luxotic
(11/04/18 06:53 PM)flearider Wrote:  maybe 316-17 ss looks about right for them ..

I've got ss clapton wire which I've tried, same ID & wraps but it takes for ever to ramp up & is much cooler. These little coils are really lively & give a lovely warm vape. Tried 0.4mm ss round wire & it seems very different as well. What ever they use I wouldn't mind getting a full coil of.

11/04/18 08:30 PM
PixelChef Offline
Puff Pastry Hangman

Likes Given: 331
Sex: Undisclosed
Educated guess, the coils that came with your Luxotic look like aliens rather than fused claptons. From your pics they seem to have 3 cores and the funky colours they've turned in some pics online would seem to suggest they're ni80.

They could be similar to these ones below (3x26g+36g, 0.1ohm dual would be 0.2ohm per coil). Sites list the Wismec coils as 0.18ohm, so not far off.

The coil(s) you bought separately looks like a juggernaut, same resistance as the alien, but with a whole lot more metal to heat.
11/04/18 11:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes PixelChef's post:
roccoweld (12/04/18)
roccoweld Offline

Wismec luxotic
(11/04/18 11:17 PM)PixelChef Wrote:  Educated guess, the coils that came with your Luxotic look like aliens rather than fused claptons. From your pics they seem to have 3 cores and the funky colours they've turned in some pics online would seem to suggest they're ni80.

They could be similar to these ones below (3x26g+36g, 0.1ohm dual would be 0.2ohm per coil). Sites list the Wismec coils as 0.18ohm, so not far off.

The coil(s) you bought separately looks like a juggernaut, same resistance as the alien, but with a whole lot more metal to heat.

Thanks for that. Just ordered some 3x26g+38g ni aliens so hopefully they'll be pretty close.

12/04/18 05:33 AM
slidey_adz Offline
Professional Idiot

Likes Given: 1,304
I would say they are 3x28g cores with looks to be 34 or 36g alien wrap.
If using these types of coils on mechs, I have found a thinner gauge wrap to be much more beneficial in ramp up. I typically use 40g ni80 for alien/fuse for my coils and find this to be my favourite.
Hope some of this helps Smiling

12/04/18 08:20 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes slidey_adz's post:
roccoweld (12/04/18)
roccoweld Offline

Wismec luxotic
(12/04/18 08:20 AM)slidey_adz Wrote:  I would say they are 3x28g cores with looks to be 34 or 36g alien wrap.
If using these types of coils on mechs, I have found a thinner gauge wrap to be much more beneficial in ramp up. I typically use 40g ni80 for alien/fuse for my coils and find this to be my favourite.
Hope some of this helps Smiling

Do you make your own wire, or is there anywhere I can buy some pre made? Either a spool or coils. I'm planning on getting a couple more mech squonkers this year.

13/04/18 05:31 AM
slidey_adz Offline
Professional Idiot

Unfortunately I don't make my own as I can't be arsed getting the assorted wires, drill, swivels, clamps and the skill required to make fancy coils. I just buy them from poeple on Facebook
vape groups or fast tech more recently. Been using some DemonKiller coils that come in a little pot with cork top. About $4 for like 8 coils. Loads of variety to choose from too. Im currently using some coils very similar to the one you posted above, they are 3x28g wrapped with 38g all ni80 and they are awesome!
The build in pic ohms out to 0.17 so plenty safe with decent batteries, clouds are decent too and flavour is bang on!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

13/04/18 08:56 AM
roccoweld (13/04/18)
roccoweld Offline

Wismec luxotic
(13/04/18 08:56 AM)slidey_adz Wrote:  Unfortunately I don't make my own as I can't be arsed getting the assorted wires, drill, swivels, clamps and the skill required to make fancy coils. I just buy them from poeple on Facebook
vape groups or fast tech more recently. Been using some DemonKiller coils that come in a little pot with cork top. About $4 for like 8 coils. Loads of variety to choose from too. Im currently using some coils very similar to the one you posted above, they are 3x28g wrapped with 38g all ni80 and they are awesome!
The build in pic ohms out to 0.17 so plenty safe with decent batteries, clouds are decent too and flavour is bang on!

I think the days of making wire are long gone for me too. I remember fannying about with a drill for twisted years ago when that was considered exotic. I'll see how I get on with the ones I've ordered when they land. I paid a fiver for 8 coils delivered, so not too bad.
I put those other big ones in my kylin last night, they needed 90 Watts to even get going. Not exactly ideal for a single coil dripper on a mech!!

13/04/18 09:50 AM
slidey_adz Offline
Professional Idiot

Lol I remember twisting my own wire too (and also feeling lime a master for getting it right haha).
And yea those huge chunky things in your pic will only be good for dual batt regulated devices to run higher volts to get them going. Fairly simple fused claptons/aliens/framed staples made of ni80 seem to be the best performer for single cell mech use, just a matter of finding "the one" for you Smiling

13/04/18 01:00 PM
roccoweld (13/04/18)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)