Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your favourite 'vaping' pub
Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) Offline
Vapers InAle

Likes Given: 577
Sex: Male
Your favourite 'vaping' pub
As many of you know, my local is The Anglers Rest in Wombwell.

Why?

It is a small traditional pub that has many regulars but few 'visitors'. When I first 'visited' to the pub around 2 and a half years ago, I spoke to the landlady and asked if I could use my ecig and she said yes Smiling

After a handful of visits, the regulars upgraded me from a 'visitor' to one of them and I have not looked back since.

As well as serving excellent local cask ales and ciders, The Anglers is a community pub. Many of the regulars are known by nicknames which reflect their jobs - such as Driver, Plumber and Paint pot and they help each other out for no, or little financial gain.

We talk about owt, have a laugh at each other's expense, join in the myriad of competitions that the pub organises and generally have a good time.

I'm currently involved in the 'Children's chess club' where 4 chess novices try and pit their wits against each other and try to win before taking all the pieces off the board - something easier said than done! The recent pool ladder tournament was won by Foxy who beat Spike to the top spot, with Simone bringing up the rear.

Resident vapers were zero when I first went to The Anglers but now both Simone, the landlady and her sister Jennie vape along with Aunty Myra (Carrie) and myself. The pub also enjoys visits from other vapers in the area and has been the willing Guinea Pig for all of CAM-VIP's initiatives.

It is a top little boozer and well worth a visit if you are in or travelling through South Yorkshire.

What is your favourite vaping pub and why??

Russell

15/07/12 04:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
jediknight129 Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex:
RE: Your favourite 'vaping' pub
Harkers in york, Its a chain pub but the beers great good food decent cocktails its comfortable, a place I can work as welll as relax bar staff are awesome. the manager actually fought for vapers rights when I queried a ban I was told about by a staff member even ringing me personally to discuss the response and pushing for a policy at area level saying vaping was fine in their chain.

plus I have a mate on the bar and when its quiet you can sit and chat with the barstaff they will be honest give beer reviews drink advice and the lot.
19/07/12 10:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes jediknight129's post:
Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) (19/07/12)
stefox Offline
support gunner, and real ale sampler

Likes Given: 25
dove and rainbow, in sheffield

despite sounding like a gay bar, it isnt
great real ale pub, frequent live bands, prices a little bit steep, but passable pints around 3 pounds
really god friends with the bar staff. despite the torrent of abuse i give them, just love to sit at the bar having a smoke and a pint, nothing better
20/07/12 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes stefox's post:
Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) (20/07/12)
jediknight129 Offline

Sex:
(20/07/12 10:03 PM)stefox Wrote:  dove and rainbow, in sheffield

despite sounding like a gay bar, it isnt.
great real ale pub, frequent live bands, prices a little bit steep, but passable pints around 3 pounds
really good friends with the bar staff. despite the torrent of abuse i give them, just love to sit at the bar having a smoke and a pint, nothing better

aye the dove is a good laugh we can even get away with mixing in there. also ste fixed your spelling.
21/07/12 12:19 AM
stefox Offline
support gunner, and real ale sampler

Likes Given: 25
nope, god does actually visit for a pint, theres a guy who looks like god
21/07/12 12:21 AM
McAldo Offline

Likes Given: 420
Sex:
The Hope in Carshalton, Sutton area.
A great place for more than one reason Smiling
21/07/12 08:53 AM
jediknight129 Offline

Sex:
morgon freeman or alanis morrisette?
22/07/12 05:27 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jediknight129's post:
staf (12/12/12)
lewis Offline

Likes Given: 3
I do most of my drinking in Manchester's Canal Street (yes, the gay village - yes I am gay Smiling) and my favourite bar is the Molly House, hidden away on Richmond Street. They have a good selection of cask ale including a range from Beartown Brewery which is a micro-brewery based just down the road from me in Stockport. They also usualy have two or three guest beers as well. And they serve their ale in proper mugs with a handle.

Last week I asked if it was okay to vape inside and they said yes. So I was happily sat there vaping away when suddenly one of the other bar staff came lurching over to my table with a panicked look on his face. Then when he saw what I was holding he relaxed and said "Oh, it's one of those!" I think he'd seen the vapour and thought I was smoking.

06/08/12 03:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes lewis's post:
Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) (28/10/12)
El Zipster Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 147
Sex: Undisclosed
The Jolly Roger Hardway Gosport Hamshire. (Free House)
Queens Hotel Queens Road Gosport (Camra Award Pub)
The Lady Hamilton the Hard Portsmouth. (great pint of Doombar)
Zizzis Pizza Restaurant Winchester.
Veranda Indian Restaurant Wickam Hampshire.
Kings Head The Square Wickam Hampshire.
The Coach House on the A32 Gosport PO13 0AG (great cheap cavery as well!!)
All the above are vape friendly, the only thing I always do is 'ask' before
I vape. I feel better not having to look over my shoulder as though i'm comiting a crime LOL
I've only been turned down by one so far...............
The Star (Wetherspoons) High St. Gosport. They say it is company policy because
it can be confused with smoking!! I showed him my Orion and asked how it could be confused with a ciggie!! but he still said 'sorry company policy'
Beers cheap though LOL

Cheers
Zip
(This post was last modified: 30/10/12 05:07 PM by El Zipster.)
27/10/12 10:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes El Zipster's post:
Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) (28/10/12)
Buzzskin Away
Not a Member

Likes Given: 468
The vine inn, old bursledon, Southampton , mad locals, mad guest beers, small, wood burner, staggering distance for me.........oh yeah vape your head off as wellBig Grin
31/10/12 05:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)