Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
alien 220w vape kit by smoktech
JRSTAINLESS Offline

Likes Given: 30
Sex:
RE: alien 220w vape kit by smoktech
Had mine for a week and so far it's great.
Purchased it from local b&m £59.
I rang quite a few stores and the difference in price was large. Some were asking £85!!!!!!
22/10/16 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 274
Sex: Male
(22/10/16 12:54 PM)JRSTAINLESS Wrote:  Had mine for a week and so far it's great.
Purchased it from local b&m £59.
I rang quite a few stores and the difference in price was large. Some were asking £85!!!!!!

£38.33 from FT if you're patient! Really patient, showing 7 days to shippingSmiling you can assume at least double that, plus 3 weeks on the slow boat.
22/10/16 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
JRSTAINLESS Offline

Sex:
I did look at FT but some things they sell it stated that they remove security codes before shipping. It put me off ordering tbh.
I've purchased from gearbest without issue and shipping was pretty quick.
Patience isn't my strong point lol.
22/10/16 03:58 PM
Mosquito Offline

Likes Given: 11
Sex:
Picked up a gun metal one.

The paint is really bad. It's a nice finish but as soon as it gets a scratch anywhere near where your fingers go the paint will peel like crazy.

I stripped mine back to bare metal using just a thumb nail in about 2 hours. The paint hadn't etched at all, And was just sat on the surface. The paint itself was also soft and ply-able once off the mod.

The silver lining is the mod isn't made from pot metal. It's a decent alu casting so it'll polish. I did a quick rub down at 1K grit, then 3K grit with some Tamiya sanding foam. And then a fast buff with white Tripoli, Crome oxide, and blue rouge. It needs a bit more polishing then I'm going to wax seal it. Without wax The metal does tarnish darker with finger prints.

Even with the poor paint I love it. Running 1.2.2 firmware and have been having 0 issues.

It also looks really good without paint.
(This post was last modified: 03/11/16 12:53 AM by Mosquito.)
03/11/16 12:38 AM
leigh3645 Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 0
Sex: Undisclosed
so many variations in prices around and I see lots of people moving the kits on - maybe they never knew about the firmware updates, and a lot of the big companies rushing to get new mods out - the market will be flooded shortly

04/11/16 09:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Blaster Offline
U goto be kidding
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 20
Sex: Male
Well I must say iv had the alien kit for a few week now and iv not had one problem with it in any way I really like it.
05/11/16 06:31 AM
JRSTAINLESS Offline

Sex:
(05/11/16 06:31 AM)Blaster Wrote:  Well I must say iv had the alien kit for a few week now and iv not had one problem with it in any way I really like it.

Same here running like a Swiss watch loving it!
05/11/16 06:46 AM
Sidewinder Offline

Likes Given: 10
Sex:
Really impressed with the battery life.getting a good 1 and 1/2 day of use at 55w using 30 q's.. still on original firmware no miss fires at all in 2 weeks
03/12/16 11:32 PM
JRSTAINLESS Offline

Sex:
Mine has just died. I refilled my tank and put it on the coffee table, went to turn the TVs over and I could hear crackling, had a look and my smok alien was firing I grabbed it but couldn't stop it so I took the batteries out which stopped it. I took the super hot tank off and let it all cool down. After a whil replaced the batteries and nothing it was dead. Kept trying and after an hour or so it did power back up but none of the buttons work at all!!!
Bought it from local b&m but still looking for the bloody receipt to take it back.
Up until tonight never had any problems ( until now )
04/12/16 12:47 AM
Sidewinder Offline

Likes Given: 10
Sex:
Any display showing?
04/12/16 02:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)