Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
help with device for partner
bboi84 Offline

Likes Given: 2
Sex: Undisclosed
help with device for partner
I recently got myself I geekvape Athena and am loving it. my partner is looking for a new device. and am thinking of going with the same for him. My only question is he is much more of a mouth to lung style of vaper. I have seen the geekvape ammit mtl sqonking rda. im just wanting to check that it would be alright on the Athena mech mod. thanks

Adam
09/07/18 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ttaskmaster Offline
Galaxy-Hopping Garbage Man

Likes Given: 13
RE: help with device for partner
Depends how much your partner is into vaping geekery and what sort of vape he's looking for.
Most MTL vapers I know prefer a simple coil tank with VW mods - My own favours the Zelos kit with Nautilus 2 tank.

If he's savvy and experienced enough to know about building coils to match the mod, then a mech would be fine. If you or he have any doubts, though, then keep it simple.
At best, a fuck up would result in some nasty dry hits, and he'll give up on the vaping. At worst... well, I'm sure you know the rest!!
09/07/18 03:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
bboi84 Offline

Likes Given: 2

hi is not new to vaping he has been through the ego style pens, the aero tanks and the sub ohm group with variable wattage devices etc but doesn't like that style. he wanted something that he has a reason to put down. thats where I thought a dripper/squonker would be a good place for him. he can drip/squonk a few drops to have his "fag break" put it down once the flavour goes and then carry on with his day till he wants the next one (he doesn't like the fact his old ones were attached to his hands constantly). but most of these come in the sub ohm variety big clouds and bigger drip tips.not a tight enough draw for him

it would be mostly looked after by myself (illl be building it for him at least for a while) but im not quite so up on building for mtl especially on an unregulated mod such as the Athena (we have regulated mods to use until I am up to speed) im just wondering at what sort of ohm-age coils I would be looking for (im thinking around the 0.6 range)
09/07/18 04:14 PM
decoy Offline

Likes Given: 9
Sex:
mtl seems to work best for me above 0.7 ohms with ss and 1 ohm with kanthal
what nic mg are they using (im up in 16 mg when mtl and down to 3 mg when dtl)
were as vg is king for dtl for me i like 50/50 mix for mtl for a bit more kick
idd suggest these 2 as a rebuildable tank do seem to give off more nic than a stock coil
https://www.fasttech.com/p/4849000
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1004...k-atomizer
would make a nice mtl set up and the tank isnt that hard to build
i have tried over and over to do mtl on a squonk but its just to much of a faff for me
(This post was last modified: 11/07/18 09:19 PM by decoy.)
11/07/18 09:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)