Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
looking for recommendations
shazz Offline

Likes Given: 6
Sex:

RE: looking for recommendations
(16/07/17 03:58 PM)MDC Wrote:  
(16/07/17 03:46 PM)shazz Wrote:  
(16/07/17 03:39 PM)MDC Wrote:  
(16/07/17 03:03 PM)shazz Wrote:  
(16/07/17 02:53 PM)MDC Wrote:  A pen type clearomiser may be a very tight draw, so you may not need DL, which has a very open draw. Do you want to suck the vape straight into your lungs, or into the mouth first, cigarette style?

Problem with stuff that can do everything is that high power DL kit isn't good for MTL. While you can often choke the air flow down, the bigger coils need plenty of power to heat the juice, at which point you will be generating clouds, and will probably have to open the air flow. If you run a big coil on low power, the juice won't get warm enough to generate vapour.

Some tanks have different coils available for different power levels and air flow. The Tron-S has this, but the tank isn't easy to get hold of nowadays.

I am happy to try mtl and dl tanks wan't advice on the best ones and i want at least a couple of devices which will cope with all styles.
Next question is do you want to make and wick your own coils or do you want to just use stock coils? My favourites are rebuildable MTL tanks.

I want to learn to build my own as i've noticed coils can be pricey but want a couple of tanks that take stock coils for while i get ok at it.

The Nautilus 2 is probably the safe option for a MTL tank with stock coils, but one of my favourites is the "SXK Doggy Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer" from Fasttech. I probably shouldn't post links, as their authenticity is dubious, but they are brilliant and totally leak free. You have to make your own coils, so you would also need a reel of Kanthal wire, and some Japanese cotton pads. All available from FT, if you don't mind waiting a few weeks.

As for mods, I like the Eleaf Pico and Aster. Both need high drain lithium ion batteries, and can do up to 75w output, probably more than 10 times the power you get from pen style ecigs.

Great advice Thanks
16/07/17 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
biliethekid Offline

Likes Given: 2
Sex:
i'm looking at getting a few the new Aspire speeder looks good or if 100W is ok the Geekvape Aegis, listen to advice though i don't have the 2 mods i mentioned i'm on the hunt like you
17/07/17 11:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
fridgemagnett Offline

Likes Given: 1,293
Sex: Male
You could do worse than trying a cheap Joytech atopack Penguin (for DTL)

http://www.3fvape.com/mod-kit/15016-auth...-88ml.html

Don't be fooled by the price - these are a really good vape.
18/07/17 01:41 AM
Phaalman Offline

Likes Given: 94
If youre not in a rush the Tron S is still available from Ali Express has both a stock coil or rebuildable option as previously recommended by MDC. Unbeatable for flavour and the airfow will allow you both MTL anx DTL.
18/07/17 05:45 AM
Pipeman Offline

Likes Given: 15
Sex:
Shazz, there are an almost infinite number of combinations that it will make your head spin.

My personal recommendation is to pass on DL (direct lung) for now and get a fairly adjustable MTL (mouth to lung, similar to smoking) device and a suitable mod that can provide power and be future proof.

Assuming (sexist, I know) you have smaller hands and don't want to lug a large one around, the Eleaf Pico kit : https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...w-melo-iii

If you are concerned that the Melo might be a bit too much to start with, then the old stalwart nautilus will also work on the device as MTL : https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1000...learomizer

My personal favourite for MTL however is the Kayfun 5... the clones are very very good (originals are around £100) : [Mod Edit: Removed Link to Clone] Unlike the Melo and Nautilus, this doesn't use stock coils, but you can buy suitable pre-coiled ones and fit them easily : [Mod Edit: Removed Link to Clone]

Good luck in your choices... and for the record I have 3 Pico's, 2 Kayfun 5's and a Melo in regular rotation

If we ever want to get off of this rock, we need to learn as a species how to get on on this rock
(This post was last modified: 18/07/17 08:57 AM by Phil A.)
18/07/17 07:05 AM
xxxxx Offline

Likes Given: 63
Sex:
(18/07/17 05:45 AM)Phaalman Wrote:  If youre not in a rush the Tron S is still available from Ali Express has both a stock coil or rebuildable option as previously recommended by MDC. Unbeatable for flavour and the airfow will allow you both MTL anx DTL.

Second this, ridiculous value.
available here

Mine took about 12 days to arrive.

Get the clr heads from ft (all they require is to be able to thread a bit of cotton through the coil). I'm still on my first one after about 6 months.

If you've managed 3 years with pen styles, something like the evic basic will be more than adequate (same store as tron)

While you're using that lot you can bone up up on the delights of coil building,batteries and chargers.
(All good to know, but not nearly as fun as it sounds)

Vaping is just another habit
(This post was last modified: 18/07/17 08:37 AM by xxxxx.)
18/07/17 08:33 AM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 256
(18/07/17 05:45 AM)Phaalman Wrote:  If youre not in a rush the Tron S is still available from Ali Express has both a stock coil or rebuildable option as previously recommended by MDC. Unbeatable for flavour and the airfow will allow you both MTL anx DTL.

I still rate the Tron-S as an excellent tank - DTL with stock vertical coils and MTL with 1 ohm CLR coils. Only reason I didn't mention them is that they are becoming scarce. A pack of 5 CLR coils should last forever, as they can be rewicked and recoiled.
18/07/17 05:22 PM
Beldin Offline
Liveware Problem

Likes Given: 446
Sex: Undisclosed
i'd recommend a single coil RDA that is good for a 'relaxed MTL' and a squonker

18/07/17 06:32 PM
shazz Offline

Likes Given: 6
Sex:

(18/07/17 05:22 PM)MDC Wrote:  

I still rate the Tron-S as an excellent tank - DTL with stock vertical coils and MTL with 1 ohm CLR coils. Only reason I didn't mention them is that they are becoming scarce. A pack of 5 CLR coils should last forever, as they can be rewicked and recoiled.

Yes i do like the sound of that thanks

I am reading and taking on board everyone's recommendations thanks
(This post was last modified: 18/07/17 07:52 PM by shazz.)
18/07/17 07:51 PM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 256
(18/07/17 07:51 PM)shazz Wrote:  
(18/07/17 05:22 PM)MDC Wrote:  

Yes i do like the sound of that thanks

I am reading and taking on board everyone's recommendations thanks

Just seen the black Tron-S is back in stock at FT!
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...learomizer

If I didn't already have a dozen (and the Doggy styled tanks as well) I would be ordering more myself Smiling

And, as above the 1 ohm CLR coils
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...ead-5-pack
These are needed for MTL, as the stock coils are meant for higher power.
18/07/17 08:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)