Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
"storm" a dna 75 hybrid stabwood mod
vapesmarter Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 44
Sex: Undisclosed
"storm" a dna 75 hybrid stabwood mod
this has been a mission to make

now mods are two a penny you can get them from Tescos, fasttech, eBay etc

but hang on what if YOU designed the mod had an image in your mind, wanted something that matched the image in an artistic way.....

now making and images go hand in hand storm was based on a storm rolling in on the coast the last rays of sunlight mother nature at its best

to capture that and put in a mod is do-able but hard

the resin is a funny thing it moves as it cures with the rotation of the planet sometimes resin grabs the wood or reacts with each other sometimes good sometimes bad

come with me on a journey sit back slam in a dvd and have a vape

on the dvd whilst making this was

sherlock season 1

John: [upon first seeing Baker Street] Well this is a prime spot. Must be expensive.
Sherlock: Mrs. Hudson, the landlady, is giving me a special deal. She owes me a favour. A few years back her husband got himself sentenced to death in Florida. I was able to help out.
John: You stopped her husband from being executed?
Sherlock: Oh, no. I ensured it.

not many early pictures as I wasn't happy with the early casts so they were scrapped

this is the faceplate and top plate the stainless steel I found out is, in fact, surgical stainless it is very very hard to the point I melted 3 carbide tips just milling this stuff, I took a piece of scrap steel put an edge on it carves wood like butter, I wasn't a happy chap, it also shrugged of polishing so I had a pretty tough time getting it to shine

this is the body of the mod pre-finished so add the faceplate and some magic we have

"Storm"

the top has a brass spacer (made on my lathe as i could not recess the 510 after melting a 16mm end mill (the cost of the bit was £40) I had enough of filling the bin up with milling tips plus it was just to dam dangerous

the resin is 3 dimensional it looks flat above but in a different light, it shines due to the pearls

colour wise we have copper red, silver pearl, midnight blue, base colour is white pear and a touch of sky blue metallic the wood is silver birch

the bag is napa leather the usb charger is leather bound

the mod is sold and posted out to its new owner

and as always

if you love my mods then like them....buy one

"Leather Cases, Cabinets, Bags, Desk Stands, Converted flight cases, Side Panels, stabwood hybrid mods, mech mods" as seen on vaping biker.
Web: http://www.vapesmarter.org
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vapesmarter00/
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/vapesmarter
twitter: https://twitter.com/vapesmarteruk?lang=en-gb
18/10/17 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 5 users Like vapesmarter's post:
@rattspitt (18/10/17), Cheekiecharlie (18/10/17), flearider (18/10/17), QuinnDexter (19/10/17), sej016 (18/10/17)
sej016 Offline
Mainly E-Pipe Mods
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 1,158
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: "storm" a dna 75 hybrid stabwood mod
Magnificent work.

Steve J
Vaporatum ergo sum

http://www.pipevapes.co.uk/
18/10/17 04:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes sej016's post:
vapesmarter (18/10/17)
Cheekiecharlie Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 5,432
Sex: Male
very nice stu, you do really good work, dont think there is one of your mods that i wouldn't be happy with

vaping is a passion ,not just a hobby,

http://forum.squonking.co.uk/index.php

18/10/17 07:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cheekiecharlie's post:
vapesmarter (18/10/17)
@rattspitt Offline
Push the tempo

Likes Given: 1,597
I'm lucky enough to have one of Stu's mods on order thanks to my lovely Mrs,she saw me drooling over pictures of his craftsmanship on instagram,really is amazing work and I'm like an excited little kid!

18/10/17 07:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like @rattspitt's post:
Cheekiecharlie (18/10/17), vapesmarter (18/10/17)
Phaalman Offline

Likes Given: 128
(18/10/17 07:58 PM)@rattspitt Wrote:  I'm lucky enough to have one of Stu's mods on order thanks to my lovely Mrs,she saw me drooling over pictures of his craftsmanship on instagram,really is amazing work and I'm like an excited little kid!
Me too and very pleased with it!

(18/10/17 08:14 PM)Phaalman Wrote:  
(18/10/17 07:58 PM)@rattspitt Wrote:  I'm lucky enough to have one of Stu's mods on order thanks to my lovely Mrs,she saw me drooling over pictures of his craftsmanship on instagram,really is amazing work and I'm like an excited little kid!
Me too and very pleased with it!
Edit should have said mod not the wife
(This post was last modified: 18/10/17 08:15 PM by Phaalman.)
18/10/17 08:14 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Phaalman's post:
@rattspitt (18/10/17), vapesmarter (18/10/17)
incmo Offline

Likes Given: 3
stunning
06/12/17 03:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes incmo's post:
vapesmarter (07/12/17)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)