Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
using mods that arent TPD approved
Crème de Vape Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 384
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: using mods that arent TPD approved
The French and German implementations have not applied the 2ml tank size limit to empty tanks, although I understand the EU Commission is expecting them to amend their local provisions to be on par with what they say was the original intention of the TPD. I understand that some German retailers have stopped shipping outside Germany although I believe that's more to do with particular German age verification requirements. I don't know what if any restrictive measures French retailers have imposed.

28/06/17 02:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
1shot1kill Offline

Likes Given: 274
Sex:
(28/06/17 02:17 PM)Crème de Vape Wrote:  The French and German implementations have not applied the 2ml tank size limit to empty tanks, although I understand the EU Commission is expecting them to amend their local provisions to be on par with what they say was the original intention of the TPD. I understand that some German retailers have stopped shipping outside Germany although I believe that's more to do with particular German age verification requirements. I don't know what if any restrictive measures French retailers have imposed.

I think we can all agree that the whole affair is a sorry, ill-conceived and poorly implemented mess and my sympathy is as much with retailers as it is with other vapers.
28/06/17 03:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like 1shot1kill's post:
nisam (28/06/17), Richard46 (28/06/17)
Crème de Vape Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 384
Absolutely! I believe the testing and notification elements (whilst overly costly) are quite sensible, as are some of the packaging requirements. However, the tank and bottle size limits are absurd, and have no real scientific basis or justification. Politicians won't know why the legislation is so poor though unless we tell them clearly and concisely and we all need to do it for ourselves, for other vapers, and for smokers who haven't yet made the switch. Then maybe some sensible politician* might take it on as a pet project and get some change once we've left the EU.

*I realise that might be an oxymoron

28/06/17 04:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like Crème de Vape's post:
nisam (28/06/17), Richard46 (28/06/17)
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 275
Sex: Male
(28/06/17 04:05 PM)Crème de Vape Wrote:  Absolutely! I believe the testing and notification elements (whilst overly costly) are quite sensible, as are some of the packaging requirements. However, the tank and bottle size limits are absurd, and have no real scientific basis or justification. Politicians won't know why the legislation is so poor though unless we tell them clearly and concisely and we all need to do it for ourselves, for other vapers, and for smokers who haven't yet made the switch. Then maybe some sensible politician* might take it on as a pet project and get some change once we've left the EU.

*I realise that might be an oxymoron

I won't bother with one of our local MPs, Anna Soubry then! Not a friend of vapers.
28/06/17 05:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
HeyJoe Offline

Likes Given: 279
Sex:
One area where the TPD could have a positive effect on manufacturer's and safety is limiting the power of their mods to well within the capabilities of the power source.
02/07/17 12:57 PM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 275
(02/07/17 12:57 PM)HeyJoe Wrote:  One area where the TPD could have a positive effect on manufacturer's and safety is limiting the power of their mods to well within the capabilities of the power source.

True, and this illustrates the absurdity of the law! The most dangerous part of the kit isn't regulated.

I guess this is maintaining the pathetic notion that ecig fluid is equivalent to tobacco. "Tobacco Product Directive" only relates to juice.

Guess they could include the mod by defining it as the ecig packet. Force us to put horrible pictures on the sides, and limit power to 10w?Sad
02/07/17 01:54 PM
Chrido81 Offline
Chris D

Likes Given: 276
Well, my D2 tank arrived safely through customs. If it came down to products eventually being seized at the borders, I sense a burgeoning market for "spare parts" emerging. Wink wink.

11/07/17 12:22 AM
romenov Offline

Likes Given: 9
Sex:
So far the TPD or it's implementation TRPR in UK does not apply to use of ecigarette, it's just regulating the sales, including online sales.
So many sellers on the internet including the Amazon.co.uk are illegal because they are not (yet) registered in UK to be approved to sell items to UK customers, vapers may report to MHRA or Amazon if such sellers are found.

List of registered retailers:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...-retailers

EU TPD:
https://ec.europa.eu/health//sites/healt...440_en.pdf

The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016(TRPR):
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/507/part/6/made
12/09/17 03:53 AM
Richard46 Online
Talking Backwards

Likes Given: 1,384
(12/09/17 03:53 AM)romenov Wrote:  So far the TPD or it's implementation TRPR in UK does not apply to use of ecigarette, it's just regulating the sales, including online sales.
So many sellers on the internet including the Amazon.co.uk are illegal because they are not (yet) registered in UK to be approved to sell items to UK customers, vapers may report to MHRA or Amazon if such sellers are found.

List of registered retailers:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...-retailers

EU TPD:
https://ec.europa.eu/health//sites/healt...440_en.pdf

The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016(TRPR):
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/507/part/6/made

Surely only those making cross border sales need to be registered. If Amazon.co.uk is (legally?) based in the UK then it does not need to register; unless I am missing something.

i.e
Quote:Businesses that supply tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes via cross-border distance sales need to be registered with the UK government.

12/09/17 07:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)